1. Final notice: Just like taxpayers, the Pentagon should obey the law.
2. There should be immediate financial consequences for any part of the Pentagon cannot pass the routine annual financial audit required by the Chief Financial Officers Act of 1990.
3. Judge each part of the Pentagon on its own merits.
4. Reform DOD contract audits.
5. Agree on principles. Disagree on details.
The transpartisan Audit the Pentagon initiative urges cutting Pentagon spending until it can pass the annual audit required by law 20 years ago.
The Pentagon's accounting system is a broken mess. The Defense Department is the only major federal agency that cannot pass an audit -- and DOD has no serious target date to do so. It is time to get DOD to comply with the Chief Financial Officers Act of 1990.
Audit the Pentagon works to reject the failed philosophy that defense dollars are too important to count. We believe that defense dollars are too important to waste.
Advocacy to get the Pentagon to pass the routine financial audit required by the Chief Financial Officers Act of 1990.